Monday, August 8, 2011

My Photography Gear 5 - Tamrac Expedition 6x

In this week’s blog I am going to feature my Tamrac Expedition 6x backpack.  This is an awful backpack which currently holds all my equipment during photo-shoots and other daily tasks. Originally, I owned a Lowepro 202AW but as time passed by, I kept constantly evolving, equipment wise, that I had to look for an alternative. 

After some time of research I decided to get hold of this Tamrac Expedition 6x backpack.  This bag really suits my needs.  The Tamrac Expedition 6x is a middle-sized backpack, forming part of a range of 6 backpacks, specifically design for photographers and branded by Tamrac as the ‘Expedition’ series.

Here are some technical details:

  • The Expedition 6x is perfect for a wide range of photo equipment. The main compartment is foam padded with foam-padded dividers to protect SLRs with lenses attached, 5-6 extra lenses, and a flash. A foam-padded front pocket holds most 14.1" laptops.
  • Two "wing" accessory pockets with water-resistant zippers organize and provide quick access to important accessories without disturbing the photo gear.
  • A tripod is carried between these pockets with Tamrac's QuickClip tripod attachment system.
  • An SLR with lens attached is held on 2 vertical, foam-padded dividers. A Dual-Hinge Divider System lets a 2nd SLR be carried with a lens attached. Two Windowpane-Mesh pockets organize filters and accessories.
  • The state-of-the-art harness system with Dual-Density Comfort Pads provides maximum carrying comfort while Air Flow Channels help keep you cool and dry during extended use.

I have used this backpack for a couple of months.  Since the first time I have put it on, I find it extremely comfortable and I can fit most of my photographic equipment. The equipment is easily accessible and the weight is nicely distributed for ease of carrying. I highly recommend this backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment