Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am Ozzy

Recently, I got to read the autobiography of the legendary rock star Ozzy Osbourne entitled ‘I am Ozzy’.  To tell you the truth, this was a marvellous experience!  Yes, an experience.  Being myself a musician, I am really into musicians autobiographies but I must admit this one blew me out.  It is a very well written journal of Mr Osbourne’s life, his accounts and anecdotes and not to forget his sarcasm is hilarious. I got stuck to this 416 pager until I have read it through.  It is a very well structured book presenting the rock and roll star emerging from the post second world war social poverty in Birmingham to rise up as an overwhelming rock star selling millions of album copies worldwide.  Personally, I cannot say that Mr Osbourne is an idol for one main reason being the fact that I do not share his ideas about getting boozed up and blasted with narcotics but I can also understand what kind of pressure these people undergo in the showbiz.  As I hear them say: “There is always a price to pay!”


Nonetheless, I suggest this book to those who would like to relax and enjoy some good reading.  It is the story of a man who frankly recounts his life, his achievements and his failures.  I believe it deserves a place on one’s library shelves. I highly recommend it!

Amazon’s review:
Has there ever been a more extraordinary rock-star story than Ozzy Osbourne's? Born into a life so poor that the whole family slept in one room, Ozzy endured a tough upbringing. Music was his salvation and his band Black Sabbath went on to change the music scene forever. But along with the rock and roll came the inevitable sex and drugs and Ozzy fell into a long relationship with addictive substances. The stories of Ozzy's days on the road are legendary - biting the head off a live bat, losing his best friend and writing partner Randy Rhoades in a tragic plane crash - but few know of the real heartbreak he suffered during those days of excess. In the end it was love that saved him: the love of his wife Sharon and kids Kelly, Jack and Aimee. In his highly anticipated autobiography, Ozzy comes clean: in all senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment